the view from in here

can anything interesting happen in a receptionist's day?

Friday, December 08, 2006

all we need is cliff


the christmas tree has arrived...tis the season to be jolly? gosh, no, of course not... conversation between myself and anal administrator:


anal administrator: oh i see the christmas tree has arrived...

me: yes.

aa: who arranged for it to be put there.

me: heather.

aa: ah, i wouldnae put it there mysel.

me: ....

aa: could it not go in the corner a bit more?

me: no, it has to go there so they can get to the floor socket to plug the lights in.

aa: hmmm, it would be better further in the corner wouldn't it?

me: .... (in my head: did i not just explain the reason why it can't go in the corner?)

aa: it obscures the PR screen a bit doesn't it?

me: well i guess that won't do too much harm just for a couple of weeks.

aa: so who rearranged the chairs to make space for it?

me: heather.

aa: could she not have put those two around the back?

me: i don't know.

(anal administrator disappears 'around the back').

(anal administrator returns)

aa: well i wouldnae put them where she's put them.

me: right.

aa: so if anyone walks out of the gents and trips over those two chairs you get onto Heather not me alright?

me: righto. (In my head: 'in order to trip over those chairs they would need to be walking out of the gents backwards wearing flippers and carrying a stack of christmas parcels you anal scrooge!')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home